We have lived in Galicia for the last six years since buying our property near A Pontenova (Lugo) in 2010. Over those years we have used a variety of contractors, as well as doing work ourselves, to renovate our barn, bread oven, grain store, and most recently a large farmhouse into self-catering apartments.
We’ve learned about the pitfalls, the legislation, the grants available, the best contractors and places for materials, and created a wonderful house and business for ourselves on a limited budget.
As well as having accommodation to rent, we have decided to offer our services to property owners, and prospective property owners in Galicia and Asturias who require assistance in any of the following areas;
- Assistance in identifying and viewing properties, vetting suitable candidate properties to create a shortlist based on your brief and with a view to offering a realistic appraisal of the costs of renovation to meet your budget.
- Booking local hotels or accommodation and sorting out car hire for your visits.
- Assisting in identifying and commissioning architects and assisting with grant applications for renovation works (when available). Assisting in licence applications where necessary.
- Managing empty or mothballed properties including security visits, grounds maintenance and minor repairs, giving you peace of mind that someone you can trust is keeping an eye out.
- Arranging repairs and ITV’s for your local vehicle as necessary.
- Monitoring building/renovation work by visiting your site and sending reports/photographs/videos. Where you require it, liaising with your contractor to remediate any issues.
- Project managing your renovation to ensure that works are carried out in a timely manner and to a high standard. Liaison with your contractors, or assistance in identifying options for local contractors to with you.
- On the ground problem-solving.
Our rates are dependant on what you need, but very realistic and based on a low hourly rate. Our knowledge of the true value of properties, costs of renovation, the availability of grants, local contractors and materials suppliers may well save you money.
We offer these services predominantly for English speaking clients, however, we do speak Spanish.
We will be the eyes on your property when you can’t be there.